Terms and Conditions
Last revised: 20.01.2020
Lýsi (“we,” “our” or “us”) welcomes you to our online services (“Services”).
No Professional Medical Advice
All material provided on this website is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Before using any products discussed within this website you should always consult with your doctor or other licensed healthcare professional.
Information provided on this website is not to be used for diagnosing a health problem, treating a disease nor prescribing medication. Information provided on product packaging is to be read carefully. Please consult your doctor or other professional healthcare providers regarding any specific questions about any medical matter.
Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of content found on this website.
Lysi does not recommend, endorse or make any representation about the efficacy, appropriateness or suitability of any specific tests, products, procedures, treatments, services, opinions, health care providers or other information that may be contained on or available through this website.
Our products are not meant to cure or prevent any disease. You are responsible for the appropriateness of the products that you choose.
You must provide certain personal information to create your personal products.
No doctor-patient relationship is created between you and any health professionals that may be affiliated with our website.
Orders from Lysi-Life.is are shipped from Iceland via DHL Express service. On business days we ship all orders within 24 hrs.
- DHL can not be shipped to a Post Box; you must provide a shipping address.
- DHL may charge an extra fee if incorrect shipping address is provided.
- Lysi Life is not responsible for delays by DHL Express.
Customs and taxes
By ordering from Lysi Life you may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are charged once a shipment reaches your country. Additional charges for customs clearance are always borne by the customer; Lysi Life has no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be.
Customs policies vary widely from country to country; you should contact your local customs office for further information. Additionally, when ordering from Lysi Life you are considered the importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of the country in which you are receiving the goods.
There are no additional fees, customs duties or taxes charged in Iceland for export.
In all cases, Lýsi Life will not be responsible for any shipping and handling charges to and from lysi-life.is or paying or refunding customs fees, taxes, or VAT that may be due.
Lýsi do accept returns of products in following situation:
· If item is damaged or defective.
· If wrong product is received compared with invoice.
How to return?
If you receive a damaged or wrong product, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, with pictures if possible. When return have been accepted, you should mail your product to following address:
Returns must be received within 30 days from the date of purchase. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
Privacy Statement Summary
This privacy statement explains what information we gather about you when you use our Lýsi-Life Website, what we use that information for and who we give that information to. It also sets out your rights in relation to your information and who you can contact for more information or queries.
Who this privacy statement applies to and what it covers?
This privacy statement applies to the Lýsi-Life Website owned by Lýsi hf. with registered office address at Fiskislóð 5-9, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and handling your information in an open and transparent manner.
This privacy statement sets out how we will collect, handle, store and protect information about you when you use our Lýsi-Life Website.
When we refer to “our Website” or “this Website” in this policy we mean the specific webpage https://lysi-life.is/
This privacy statement also contains information about when we share your personal data with other third parties (for example, our service).
In this privacy statement, your information is sometimes called “personal data” or “personal information”. We may also sometimes collectively refer to handling, collecting, protecting and storing your personal information as “processing” such personal information.
What information do we collect?
In the course of providing services to you we may collect or obtain personal data about you. We may also collect personal data from you when you use this Website.
The personal data that we collect or obtain may include: your name; age; gender; e-mail address; country of residence; your IP address; your browser type and language; your access times; details of how you use our products and services; details of how you like to interact with us and other similar .
The types of personal data and special categories of personal data that we collect may vary depending on the nature of the services that we provide to you or how you use our Website. If you merely access this Website and answer the questions provided in the sections called “Start your personal test” we will not collect or keep any of the information you provide during the process. The answers will however be saved in your device through Local Storage for your convenience.
If you choose to use our services and purchase a product through our website we will collect the following data: your name; e-mail address; gender; age; password; address; credit card number; country of residence; your IP address; your browser type and language; your access times; details of how you use our products and services; details of how you like to interact with us and other similar.
If you choose to create an account at the Website the personal data we collect will also include so called ‘sensitive’ or ‘special categories’ of personal data, such as details about your lifestyle and social circumstances asked for in the before mentioned “Personal test” (for example, exercise habits, dietary habits, pregnancy and specific health problems).
We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy. Our Website and services are not designed for or intentionally targeted at children. It is not our policy to intentionally collect or store information about children.
How we use information about you?
Use of personal information to provide services to our clients
We will use your personal data to provide you with services. As part of this, we may use your personal data in the course of correspondence relating to the services.
Use of personal information for other activities that form part of the operation of our business
We may also use your personal data for the purposes of, or in connection with:
- applicable legal or regulatory requirements
- requests and communications from competent authorities
- client account opening and other administrative purposes
- financial accounting, invoicing and risk analysis purposes
- client relationship purposes, which may involve: (i) sending you details of our products and services that we think might be of interest to you; (ii) contacting you to receive feedback on services; and (iii) contacting you for other market or research purposes;
- services we receive from our professional advisors, such as lawyers, accountants and consultants
- protecting our rights and those of our clients.
Use of personal information collected via our website
In addition to the purposes connected to the operation of our business above, we may also use your personal data collected via our website:
- to manage and improve our website
- to tailor the content of our website to provide you with a more personalized experience and draw your attention to information about our products and services that may be of interest to you
- to manage and respond to any request you submit through our website.
The legal grounds we use for processing personal information
We use your personal data for the purposes outlined above because:
(a) of our legitimate interests in the effective delivery of our services to you or our client.
(b) of our legitimate interests in the effective and lawful operation of our business so long as such interests are not outweighed by your interests;
(c) of the legal and regulatory obligations that we are subject to, such as keeping records for tax purposes or providing information to a public body or law enforcement agency or
(d) the information is required in order to provide our services to you or our client.
To the extent that we process any sensitive personal data relating to you for any of the purposes outlined above, we will do so because you have given us your explicit consent to process that data.
If you do not want to continue receiving any marketing materials from us, you can click on the unsubscribe function in the communication or e-mail.
To whom do we disclose your information?
In connection with one or more of the purposes outlined in the “How we use information about you?” section above, we may disclose details about you to: third parties that provide services to us; competent authorities (including courts and authorities regulating us); and other third parties that reasonably require access to personal data relating to you for one or more of the purposes outlined in the “How we use information about you?” section above.
Further details of the transfers described above and the adequate safeguards used by Lýsi hf. in respect of such transfers (including copies of relevant agreements) are also available from us by contacting email@example.com
We may also need to disclose your personal data if required to do so by law, a regulator or during legal proceedings.
Protection of your personal information
We use a range of physical, electronic and managerial measures to ensure that we keep your personal data secure, accurate and up to date. These measures include:
- education and training to relevant staff to ensure they are aware of our privacy obligations when handling personal data
- administrative and technical controls to restrict access to personal data on a ‘need to know’ basis
- technological security measures, including fire walls, encryption and anti-virus software
Although we use appropriate security measures once we have received your personal data, the transmission of data over the internet (including by e-mail) is never completely secure. We endeavor to protect personal data, but we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to us or by us.
How long we keep your information for?
We will hold your personal data on our systems for the longest of the following periods:
- as long as is necessary for the relevant activity or services.
- any retention period that is required by law.
- the end of the period in which litigation or investigations might arise in respect of the services
You have various rights in relation to your personal data. In particular, you have a right to:
- obtain confirmation that we are processing your personal data and request a copy of the personal data we hold about you
- ask that we update the personal data we hold about you, or correct such personal data that you think is incorrect or incomplete
- ask that we delete personal data that we hold about you, or restrict the way in which we use such personal data
- withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on consent)
- receive a copy of the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit such personal data to another party (to the extent the processing is based on consent or a contract)
- object to our processing of your personal data.
To exercise any of your rights, or if you have any other questions about our use of your personal data, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the address below:
c/o Privacy manager
You may also use these contact details if you wish to make a complaint to us relating to your privacy.
Right to complain
If you are unhappy with the way we have handled your personal data or any privacy query or request that you have raised with us, you have a right to complain to the EU Data Protection Authority (“DPA”) in your jurisdiction. If you would like to be directed to the appropriate DPA, please contact us at email email@example.com
Changes to this privacy statement
We may modify or amend this privacy statement from time to time.
To let you know when we make changes to this privacy statement, we will amend the revision date at the top of this page. The new modified or amended privacy statement will apply from that revision date. Therefore, we encourage you to periodically review this statement to be informed about how we are protecting your information.
When you visit Lysi-Life.is we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- Cookies: Small piece of data files sent from a website and stored on the user’s computer by the user’s web browser while the user is browsing. No personally sensitive information is stored in a cookie, but rather information about the user’s behavior on a website. For more information about cookies and how to disable cookies visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Web beacons: Graphic images, tags or pixels which are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the web page.
- Log files: a file that records actions, process or events occurring on the site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, internet service provider and time stamps.
Cookies are used for:
- To optimizing your site and to improve your shopping experience.
- To remember which products are stored in the shopping cart when shopping on the website.
We may sometimes use your personal information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may fit your interest. Lýsi Life uses Facebook Pixel to generate targeted advertising based on your visit to our website. For more information about how targeted advertising works visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work
You can opt out of targeted advertising by clicking the links below:
The test found on this website helps you find a product that may be suitable for your needs. The products can either be purchased one by one or on a subscription basis.
Visitors, as the term implies, are people who do not register with us, but want to explore the Website. No login is required for Visitors. Visitors can view all publicly-available content on the Website and e-mail us.
Customers are required to login. Customers can do all the things that Visitors can do, and can also access their personal account information, post Customer Content and use the Services.
Lýsi is under no obligation to accept any individual as a Customer and may accept or reject any registration in its sole and complete discretion.
DalPay Retail is an authorized retailer of goods and services supplied by LYSI. When you purchase from lysi-life.is, dalpay.is +1877-8657746 will appear on your card statement.